The Danville Fire Department is committed to educating the community about fire safety.
During the first week in October Danville Fire Department participates in the National Fire Safety Week by visiting local Elementary schools and day-care centers.
The links below provide additional fire safety tips and fun games for the kids:
The following is list of subjects that we teach the children during National Fire Safety Week. We would like to encourage all parents to review this information and practice with your entire family.
STOP, DROP, AND ROLL!!!
- There should be a smoke detector located in every room of the house.
- Each smoke detector should be tested and cleaned once a month.
- Batteries need to be replace every six months.
- If at anytime a smoke detector has failed to preform properly it should be replaced immediately.
Family Escape Plan:
- Draw a sketch of your house.
- Make sure there are at least two unobstructed way to exit each room
- Mark any room that has only one exit.
- Mark primary exits of the house and make sure they are in good working condition
- Mark a meeting place away from the house.(ie. tree, sidewalk, or neighbors house)
- Make sure everyone in the family knows 911 is the emergency number
- Take in to consideration any family member that may need special assistance.
- Now you are ready to put this plan in to action. Remember PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!
Contact person below with any fire prevention questions or needs.